Is Christ Presbyterian Church you grandmother’s church? In a word, NO, but she might recognize a prayer or hymn occasionally. Our Christian community values faith expressions mined from the whole church across denominations and centuries and even includes interfaith elements. Worship includes:
- dialogue sermons engaging in conversation with the preacher
- dramatic sermons when the “Bible people” show up
- traditional style sermons
- self-directed worship and multi-sensory experiences
- labyrinth walking to greet the light of Advent
- Maundy Thursday Passover commemoration of Jesus’ Last Supper
- Russian Orthodox Easter liturgy
- Social justice liturgies from Wild Goose Worship Group
- Interfaith worship with our local Muslim community
- Music includes traditional, world, Taize, contemporary and folk.
All these forms are used in the service of expressing our Christian faith in our ever- changing world and to enrich our relationship and understanding of how to love all people in the name of Christ.
The 8 core spiritual practices of our Covenant of Commitment are means by which our faith community supports serious Christian discipleship that brings to fruition God’s mission among us.