Christ Presbyterian Church – An Emerging Christian Community
The Practices are a part of our church’s Covenant of Commitment. They are not an ala carte menu of spiritual behavioral recommendations but rather a holistic and integrated approach to growing in discipleship to Christ. Neither are the Practices meant to be a list of rigid regulation, but stepping stones on your spiritual path to growth in Christ.
PREAMBLE TO CORE SPIRITUAL PRACTICES
We demonstrate our desire to commit deeply to Jesus Christ by:
- Expanding our spiritual life through inward journeying
- Becoming an informed and mature Christian
- Working to heal pain in the world through our community commitments
- Welcoming the joy and accepting the work involved in discipleship
Our Core Spiritual Practices Are
- ____ On-time weekly worship
- ____ Undertake an inward journey including at least thirty minutes of daily prayer with an emphasis on listening
- ____ Participate in planned study on the Bible, theology, ethics and Christian spirituality.
- ____ Demonstrate responsible stewardship honoring God’s earth, its resources, people and all creatures.
- ____ Give sacrificially, proportionally and regularly to CPC beginning with 3% of income as a minimum goal and generous in-kind giving.
- ____ Discover one’s spiritual gifts and unique call to mission with the aid of the community.
- ____ Commit to participating in a mission group consisting of people with a shared calling and common passion to serve Christ through a specific ministry.
- ____ Be accountable to a compassionate spiritual partner for these Core Practices.